Owning a small business is both exciting and hard work. If you have the honor of working for yourself, you understand that both discipline and marketing skills are necessary to make a big profit. In today’s tech world, online marketing is essential for advertising yourself, but there are also good old-fashioned marketing ideas that you can use locally.
Here are some creative marketing ideas to help you make money from your small business:
1. Get articles published in local magazines. Write some high quality articles and see if you can publish them in your local magazine or trade magazine. It is very cost effective and can reach many readers.
2. Support a sports team in your community. If you want to create awareness about a brand or service, sponsor a local sports team. Use your logo and name in uniform and send a press release to let others know that you are a generous member of the community.
3. Teach classes and workshops. If you are an expert in your field, feel free to conduct your own classes, workshops, and review lectures at seminars. When you get out of there in communities, you will connect with a lot of people.
4. Create a blog and update it regularly. The purpose of a blog is to keep your readers engrossed in interesting and relevant content. If you are not a writer, you can hire a freelance writer at a very good price so that you always have fresh content. Doing so will help you get better search engine rankings so that more people can find your site through search engines. More traffic equals more sales!
5. Host a free event. Do you have knowledge or quality service to share? Go ahead and host a free event to get the media interested and share your product or service. Get plenty of opportunities. Give rewards and make sure to get an email sign up sheet for a newsletter or other free gift.
6. Get your information online everywhere. In addition to your website and blog, be active with online marketing channels such as YouTube, iTunes for podcasts, Facebook pages, Twitter and other popular social media sites. As you expand your sphere of influence, you are building reputation and attracting more traffic and potential sales.
7. Respect birthdays and holidays. Many business owners report that the fact that they send written birthday and holiday cards to past customers has won them bonus points. Take the time to do this and you will be able to see your past clients over and over again and talk to family and friends about you.
If you have a small business and want to make money from home, it is important that you tap into online and traditional marketing techniques. Some of these ideas take only a short time, so there is no excuse for you to cut back on your marketing strategy. If you do not have enough time to spend on marketing, get someone to hire you, as it will be worth the investment.
#Money #Home #Creative #Marketing #Ideas #Small #Online #Businesses
make money online with youtube